Thursday, January 1, 2009

Good morning 2009


As the rest of the world lays down to sleep off a rough night (presumably followed by an even rougher morning), i lay restless beside my dog Monty....my girlfriend was on the couch do to that rough night i had mentioned. My OCD is in full swing these day's, but hey finally onto photography again...and well the presumed doomsayers calling forth the end of mankind as well. After clearing my head of negative thoughts I decide to celebrate the new year by photographing the first sunrise of the year. Oh how glorious it shall be.

"attention" its facking cold

Ok so time to suit up for the sub zero temperatures here in Canada. long johns, 2 hoodie's , 2 t shirts, 2 pairs of socks, a big fury hat and a warm jacket with all the pockets one can imagine. Grab the bag and the tripod and off we go for the half hour hike. As i leave the house i hit the tunes, ah some good old Less than Jake will keep the frost away. The walk goes fast but as i arrive at my destination the cold starts creeping up on me. it found my week spot...my crappy gloves. I started setting up to get some blood back into my hands. Once I'm done I'm excited and could care less about my fingers. Soooo we wait for the light.....waiting....waiting......wtf....a cloudless ski except for far off on the horizon. all this way to get a horrid scene. Instead of crying about it i decide to play with some flash and balance ambient with the flash, as per the strobist 101 course.. i failed this time around. By now the cold was getting to me so i decided i should probably head home before i freeze to death. I start packing up just as the wind starts to pick up, lovely its in my face the whole way home.I can make it my music will keep me going....wait...my music stopped? frozen to death. ill have to trek it alone.

So the journey home was the highlight of the trip i grabbed a few photos on the way home. much nicer then the decrepit sunrise shots i got. Ive worn out the scene cant see it in a creative light anymore.I'm just going to post the last few photos for you to enjoy seeing as how its 10am and I still have yet to sleep. Happy new year

1 comment:

  1. i love the carwash photo. it looks so moody, gotta love the morning light.

    ReplyDelete